Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Reflective Post



Before this class I would of never imagined being able to make a webpage let alone a webpage including a lesson plan. Some of the assignments took me awhile to figure things out, having to YouTube things to figure it out and try it myself, but once I did it I got the hang of it. My two favorite assignments were the webquest lesson plan and the teacher webpage/portfolio. These assignments were challenging but in a good way. These assignments made me take my time and let me use my creativity. I will be able to take these assignments with me in my future teaching career.  The textbook really helped me with my assignments and blog posts. I enjoyed this textbook because it was easy to look up information and the information was very useful. My least favorite assignment was the collaborative lesson plan because all of the learning and teaching standards are very complicated. I still need to become more familiar with state standards. All of the students in this class were very engaged and easy to work with in groups. The other students were also very informational and nice in the blog posts, discussion topics, and there feedback to one another. I loved reading and looking at everyone’s creativity with their assignments. I will absolutely take all of the information and things I learned how to do in this class with me when I become a teacher. I plan on practicing and making more webquests and teacher webpages. Thank you for making my first summer class I’ve ever took enjoyable and resourceful for my future.



                                                     I received this photo from flickr


  One thing I am very interested in using in my class and excited about using in my future classroom is the smartboard. Here is a short video on the smartboard in a classroom.




One thing I mentioned before was that I needed to become more familiar with state standards so here is a website with helpful information about common core standards. Common Core Standards

Here is a picture of my son who is super excited that mom does not have to do any school work for awhile. Enjoy the rest of your summer everyone!



Resources


Graduation from College. (n.d.). Retrieved June 21, 2016, from https://www.flickr.com/photos/125497459@N03/14440757081

Preparing America's students for success. (n.d.). Retrieved June 21, 2016, from http://www.corestandards.org/

S. (2009). SMART BOARD - ELEMENTARY EDUCATION. Retrieved June 21, 2016, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCfmJCSAG70











No comments:

Post a Comment